Quantum Physics and CranioSacral Therapy
May 29, 2009
Quantum Physics and CranioSacral Therapy
May 29, 2009
Quantum physics and CranioSacral Therapy (CST) might appear to be strange bedfellows. My experiences, however, strongly suggest they're mutually attractive. I've found that when I take some of the "rules" of quantum physics into my intentions while using CST, seemingly impossible things happen.
I was inspired to begin studying quantum physics in the late 1970s, when my research partner at Michigan State University, Zvi Karni, introduced me to the work of Erwin Schroedinger, a Nobel Laureate in physics. Dr. Karni has a PhD in biophysics and a DSc in bioengineering. On loan to the MSU department of biomechanics, for years he gave me near-weekly assignments in quantum and biological physics. We were both expanding and integrating our views.
Dr. Karni and I worked hand-in-hand and brain-to-brain like this for about five years, until he was called back to Israel to resume his position as chairman of biophysics and bioengineering at Technion, the Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa. The year after he left MSU, he arranged for me to become a visiting professor at Technion so we could tie up some loose ends.
The books Dr. Karni assigned to me then were What Is Life, Mind and Matter and Science and Humanism. They were all written by Schroedinger to integrate physics with biology. While I also studied many other books on the subjects, Schroedinger and Dr. Karni certainly integrated the two sciences for me. It was only natural to begin familiarizing myself with quantum physics, which I also integrated with CranioSacral Therapy.
Before we get into any of the complexities of blending quantum physics with hands-on healing CST-style, we must understand what "quantum" means regarding physics. A quantum is a definite amount of energy. One photon - considered to be the smallest parcel of energy - is a quantum of light energy, equivalent to one quantum of electromagnetic energy.
The overall concept is that energy is transferred from one place to another in parcels, or quanta. However, professional opinions on this vary. I can't predict how long it will be before the experts agree, so I've tried to make these statements in a way that would stimulate the fewest arguments.
Practical Uses of Quantum Physics Concepts in CranioSacral Therapy
Adding a few new intentions to your hands-on work is quite simple. All you need to do is incorporate a few principles of quantum physics.
First, we direct our energy into hard, stiff or restricted areas of the client's body. Consider this restricted area consists of a mass of atoms. There is enough atomic and subatomic particle movement going on to allow the involved tissues to be alive, but the tissues still are restricted in mobility, to the extent that their normal function is compromised. These restricted tissues are adhesions, fibroses and the like.
- Place the involved area of your client's body between your two hands.
- Direct energy from one hand to the other in whatever direction the client's Inner Physician (inner wisdom) indicates.
- Intend for the energy you're putting into the involved area to be appropriate, yet powerful enough to increase atomic- and subatomic-particle movements.
- As atomic collisions increase, subatomic particles are released. The increasing subatomic-particle activity will become palpable to you.
- The increased motion of the particles and anti-particles (subatomic particles) intensifies the number of collisions between the oppositely charged subatomic particles.
- You should intend for most collisions to occur between positively charged quarks (subatomic particles) from within the atomic nucleus and the electrons, which are negatively charged. Remember, opposites attract.
- As the collisions increase in number, greater masses of colliding particles turn into energy.
- The energy radiates from the client's body in the form of heat.
- As the atomic masses disappear, the restrictive tissues melt away.
- You can feel the areas of restricted motion begin to move. The adhesions and fibroses begin to disappear.
Motion Is health. Need I Say More?
Now, I'd like to tack on one more observation. Erwin Schroedinger came up with the concept of entropy. He said there is an energy (entropy) constantly at work creating disorder in orderly systems, especially in living organisms. The effects of entropy would be aging and dysfunction or disease. Schroedinger named the counterbalance to entropic disorganization "information." (This later became known as "syntropy.") His idea was that a person's level of health correlated to the balance between entropy and information.
In any case, when you send organizing energy into a client, heat often radiates from his or her body. Schroedinger believed this heat radiation was a release of entropy (entropic energy) that was therapeutic, because it threw the balance in favor of syntropy. So, on the whole, the client would have more constructive and less destructive energy in his or her body.
I'm sure you've experienced plenty of heating in your hands-on career. If you intend the energy to go through your hand into the client as syntropic energy, you might get better results even more quickly.
Try adding these approaches and intentions to your armamentarium. As long as your head is in a good place at the time you set your intentions, there are no known unwelcome side-effects.