resourcesABOUT MT AUTHOR GUIDELINES CLASSIFIEDS EDITORIAL CALENDAR MEDIA GUIDE MASSAGE MART SCHOOLS & EDUCATION FEEDBACK
Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: The Latest Breakthroughs
There are now more than 29 million diabetics in the U.S. and 10% of them have Type 1. The incidence has been increasing in recent years at an epidemic rate.
F4CP Campaign Addresses Public Misperceptions of Chiropractic
In late 2015, results of the Gallup-Palmer College of Chiropractic Inaugural Report: Americans' Perceptions of Chiropractic were published. The report found that 33.6 million U.S. adults (14 percent) had utilized chiropractic care within the previous 12 months.
The Good, the Bad and the Successful in Social Marketing
You might be thinking, "social marketing, don't you mean social media?" No, I mean social marketing. Every day, I keep reading, hearing and learning more and more about the changes happening in social media.
Herbal Medicine Continues to Evolve
Product manufacturers, industry partners, distributors and practitioners work as a collective Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine (TCHM) community to produce high quality TCHM prescriptions that bring low-risk healthcare to thousands of patients everyday.
Bring on the Bitters
Out of all the possible flavor choices with foods, such as sweet, sour, salty, and umami (deliciousness), which would you choose first? Bitter, though not as enjoyable, is also a flavor.
Immunotherapy: Where Molecular Medicine Crosses Into Holistic Thinking
Immunotherapy, and its promise as a cancer treatment, has been in the news a lot in the last few years, and for good reason. Real shifts are happening in oncology and exciting researchers, clinicians, and patients.
The Effectiveness of Chinese Medicine in Treating Infertility in the Philippines
Infertility is defined as the inability to achieve a successful pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected intercourse.
Are Herbs Useful for Chronic Pain?
The human nervous system is what makes us special, but our greatest strength also makes us vulnerable: witness the growing incidence of chronic addictions, anxiety, depression, sleep disorders and chronic pain syndromes.
Five-Element Reaches Out to Serve the Community
In 2006, a student at the Institute of Taoist Education and Acupuncture (ITEA) approached the administration about an idea for his senior project.
Does Anyone Know You're a Good Chiropractor?
If you had a chance to read the recent article in Time magazine (April 6), you know it provided some good information about the efficacy of chiropractic to the magazine's substantial consumer audience.
Shoulder Rehab: The Gait Connection
Shoulder problems can be difficult to rehab completely for several reasons. The shoulder is made up of several joints that must function together smoothly to provide the extreme mobility that is possible and necessary for many activities.
Time for World-Wide Growth
Acupuncture is the organically growing around the world. The legislative body in Quatar has said acupuncture is "okay." The United States has five states to go to have every state recognized and regulated.
What Should You Call Your Patients (and What Should They Call You)?
When I walked into the exam room, the new patient looked uneasy, fumbling with his cellphone. He was a huge Polynesian man, probably in his 40s, with unrecognizable island tattoos.
Day in the Life of an Advanced- Practice DC (Pt. 2)
Let's continue our Q&A with Stephen Perlstein, DC, APC, chair of the New Mexico Chiropractic Association PAC and president of the American Academy of Chiropractic Physicians. Part 1 of this interview appeared in the May 1 issue.
Introducing the Dynamic Chiropractic Digital Edition
In response to the changing habits of our readers, Dynamic Chiropractic is proud to introduce a digital edition of the publication beginning with the July 2016 issue.
Acupuncture at a Pain Clinic
Introduction: Pain is the most comprehensive human experience. The experience of pain is associated with the somatic, emotional and social impact. Pain has not only somatic symptoms, but also psycho-social dimension, especially in case of chronic pain.
We Get Letters & Email
Another Slap in the Face for DCs; I Know Where to Find the Missing Chiropractic Patients; Clarification on Vitamin D Study.
The Liver: The Official of Planning
The Liver, with its paired Official, the Gall Bladder, belongs to the Element Wood within us. Wood grants us the power of birth – new beginnings, growth, breaking through boundaries and surging forward. It is the vigorous, exuberant energy of the spring season.
How to Bill Evaluation and Management Codes
Q: I am in need for guidance on how to bill evaluation and management (E&M) codes in addition to acupuncture the same date of service, I have never been paid for an exam when done with acupuncture and I believe I am doing it wrong.
The Eight Extraordinary Confluent Points
The eight extraordinary confluent points are a very popular set of acupuncture points in the modern practice of acupuncture. They are also called the intersection, meeting, command, opening, master, and the flowing and pooling points of the eight extraordinary vessels.
Who is Your Ideal Patient?
Being in a healthcare practice requires you to think critically about many things including your equipment, techniques, documentation, financial goals, and the retention of clients and staff.
Diet, Nutrition and the Context of Risk (Part 2): Food Poisoning
Other than the morbidity and mortality linked to eating too much food, "all-natural" organisms that contaminate our food cause more illness, more hospitalizations and more death than food contaminated by heavy metals, plastics, preservatives, artificial colors, emulsifiers, artificial sweeteners and pesticides combined.
2016 Trudy McAlister Foundation AOM Scholars
This year, the Trudy McAlister Foundation (TMF) received a record number of excellent applications for the 2016 scholarship awards and has awarded five scholarships for $2000 each. More information is available on our website: AOMScholarship.org
Chiropractic Needs a Lesson in Education
The American Chiropractic Association has launched a campaign, The National Medicare Equality Petition, to enact federal legislation that would achieve full physician status for DCs in Medicare.
Case Studies and Answer Analysis for NCCAOM Exam in Foundation of Oriental Medicine
Case studies are very common for acupuncture school students, either in class exams or during taking the national board exam. Most test takers feel they have no idea where they should start and how they should start to analyze those complicated cases.
October, 2004, Vol. 04, Issue 10
The 10 Commandments of Prosperity
By Cary Bayer
When asked by massage therapists how to attract prosperity, I give them the 10 Commandments of Prosperity:
1. Thou shalt do work thou lovest, letting others prosper thee.As a massage therapist, you've mastered half of this commandment. You focus on filling your appointment book, but why not fill other massage therapists' books, too, by allowing one or more to work for you? Expansive thinking invites prosperity.
2. Thou shalt awaken prosperity consciousness. Gandhi said, "Everyone who will, can hear the Voice. It is within everyone, but like everything else, it requires previous and definite preparation." Believing consciously that if you do what you love, money will follow is different from believing unconsciously that when you do what you love, bankruptcy will follow. One excellent preparation uses affirmations. One for massage therapists is:
Writing your doubts releases them. The new affirmation creates an expanded viewpoint. Write affirmations 10 times daily for a month, then say them 10 times daily, with feeling, until their truths manifest.
3. Thou shalt save a tenth of thy net income. Deposit at least 10 percent of your net income into various savings accounts linked to your checking account. I once had 13 savings accounts: for home improvement, consumer electronics, vacation, house down payment, investing, etc. Open one for advanced massage training.
4. Thou shalt keep a Success Journal. Olympic champs visualize winning performances, as do business leaders. Massage therapists can empower consciousness by recording daily successes - a client gained, a present received, etc. On days where "everything went wrong," look harder. Do this before bed for two minutes.
5. Thou shalt enliven enthusiasm. Many successful leaders have had more adventures with the mirror than Alice in Wonderland. Speak energetically to your reflection in the mirror; say the word "enthusiasm." Don't mind feeling foolish; self-consciousness gives way to excited consciousness and higher vibrations that attract clients. The English word enthusiasm comes from the Greek word, entheos, meaning a god within.
6. Thou shalt financially support God's work. Tithing, or giving 10 percent of your income to your Higher Power or Universe, is among the most powerful prospering practices around. It began with Old Testament patriarchs and has been used by millions to attract millions. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph were extremely wealthy, knowing God as their financial sources. The Bible says: "Thou shalt remember Jehovah, thy God, for it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth," (Deuteronomy, 8:18); Jacob said of tithing: "Of all that Thou shalt give me, I will surely give the tenth unto Thee," (Genesis, 28:20); If giving away 10 percent terrifies you so that you're afraid to try it, start with one percent and work your way up. Tithe to your church or spiritual organization; if you do not have one, tithe to a charitable organization of your choosing.
7. Thou shalt get out of debt quickly. Since debt debilitates the human spirit, get out of it as fast as possible, and before investing. Stock markets yield 10 percent averages yearly, while debt costs are much higher - sometimes as much as 22 percent. Recording cash expenditures for 30 days is the start of a spending plan, which gives clear pictures of how you want to allocate financial resources. It helps see the relationship between money coming in and going out, which lets you know when you can be free of debt. If you spend more than you bring in, you have three choices: increase income, decrease spending, or both.
8. Thou shalt buy shares in well-managed companies whose products and services thou likest, then hold for the long term. Why settle for receiving income only from massages when you can make money by letting your money work? That's the principle behind letting your principal earn interest. Unfortunately, interest today isn't too interesting. Stock markets have averaged annual 10 percent returns.
9. Thou shalt forgive everyone. For all its excellence, the Wall Street Journal fails to inform readers that forgiveness is among one of the fastest ways to prosper. The following three-part completion letter "completes" you with someone you hold strong unresolved emotions toward.
10. Thou shalt pay thy bills promptly. Do this, and you don't have any bills to pay - a liberating feeling. The longer you procrastinate, the longer you worry about bills. Go for freedom, not struggle.
Click here for more information about Cary Bayer.
Join the conversation
Comments are encouraged, but you must follow our User Agreementcomments powered by Disqus
Keep it civil and stay on topic. No profanity, vulgar, racist or hateful comments or personal attacks. Anyone who chooses to exercise poor judgement will be blocked. By posting your comment, you agree to allow MPA Media the right to republish your name and comment in additional MPA Media publications without any notification or payment.