resourcesABOUT MT AUTHOR GUIDELINES CLASSIFIEDS EDITORIAL CALENDAR MEDIA GUIDE MASSAGE MART SCHOOLS & EDUCATION FEEDBACK
By the Numbers: 3 Common Financial Mistakes With Major Consequences
Warren Buffett is on record for sharing the hidden art of becoming wealthy and making it simple enough for anyone to grasp.
Looking For Answers In Many Places
I am sure we have all heard the old adage: "When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail."
Spotlight on Acupuncture Research at IRCIMH
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine were well-represented at the International Research Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health (IRCIMH)- 2014 which took place in Miami from May 13–16.
Vaccines and Chiropractic: Evidence-Based Medicine or Medical Dogma?
Right or wrong, the chiropractic profession has historically been against vaccinations. However, a growing trend within the profession is seeking to reverse this position.
Hazards in the Environment Making Your Patients Sick
Working both separately and together, Western and Chinese medicine have many successes in the treatment of the myriad diseases that afflict human beings in modern times.
Inside Liver Failure, Cirrhosis and Cancer
The Liver belongs to Wood in Five Element Theory and is in charge of Dispersing and Expanding which means all the processing and detoxifying of harmful substances such as medications and chemicals require the efforts of the Liver.
Physical Exam 101: The Hands
I am sure you are familiar with the old adage: "When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail."
The Acupuncture Success Express
Time is passing very quickly these days. We are atoms half the way through the year of the horse. You could call it "horse racing season" for this profession. Perhaps it is time for reinvention during this time.
Are You a Bad Chiropractic Patient?
My father was a great DC. In fact, as you might expect, he was the doctor of chiropractic I measured all other doctors against. Sadly, he died at age 61 when I was in my early 30s.
Curbing Label Overwhelm
For the average consumer, reading a food package can be overwhelming: natural, organic, non-GMO, gluten free, free range ... you get the picture.
Deciphering The New CMS 1500 Claim Form
Q: I am confused on using the new 1500 form, particularly Block 14 and Block 15. What is required and how do I properly fill these out? And do I actually have to use this new form or may I continue using the old version?
Coding for the Subluxation: ICD-9 vs. ICD-10
When I attended chiropractic school, I was taught that chiropractors approach health care differently than the traditional medical establishment.
Remembering Clarence Gonstead and 50 Years of the Gonstead Clinic
Dr. Clarence Selmer Gonstead (1898-1978) took chiropractic practice from back-alley bone setting to an understandable biomechanical science. His life was dedicated to clinical competency.
The Kidney Official
The Kidney is known as the Official Who Controls the Waterways. In Western medical terms, a major function of the Kidneys is to filter the blood. Every day, a person's kidneys process about 200 liters of blood to sift out about two liters of waste and excess water.
Healing With Hope
Ella is a Gulf War veteran and a survivor of military sexual trauma. Like hundreds of veterans, Ella was on 11 different medications for depression, anxiety, insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome and chronic pain.
Fibromyalgia: Put the Pain in Its Place
While some fibromyalgia patients respond favorably to regular chiropractic care, others experience minimal relief. Unfortunately, many of these patients must rely on pharmacological management to relieve their constant pain.
Immunizations by Colorado DCs: Really?
You probably didn't hear about it, but back on Nov. 21, 2013, the Board of Directors of the Colorado Chiropractic Association (CCA) adopted "immunization authority" for Colorado DCs as its No. 2 legislative goal.
Medical Qigong for the Heart: Part II
Chinese Medicine is rich in commentary regarding the emotions and how they affect our qi.
Knee Pain From the Kinetic Chain
As practitioners of manual medicine, chiropractors often treat patients suffering from knee pain.
Why You Should Include the Single-Leg Stance Test in Every Patient Assessment
The single-leg stance (SLS) test, also known as the single-limb stance test, unipedal stance test or one-legged stance / balance test, is often used in the geriatric population to assess static postural and balance control.
Best Practices for Website Success
If one asked 10 years ago whether a website was relevant I was the first to suggest no. Yet as the world moves increasingly towards electronic information there is a dire need to have a website for your practice. Your website is actually your electronic calling card.
October, 2004, Vol. 04, Issue 10
The 10 Commandments of Prosperity
By Cary Bayer
When asked by massage therapists how to attract prosperity, I give them the 10 Commandments of Prosperity:
1. Thou shalt do work thou lovest, letting others prosper thee.As a massage therapist, you've mastered half of this commandment. You focus on filling your appointment book, but why not fill other massage therapists' books, too, by allowing one or more to work for you? Expansive thinking invites prosperity.
2. Thou shalt awaken prosperity consciousness. Gandhi said, "Everyone who will, can hear the Voice. It is within everyone, but like everything else, it requires previous and definite preparation." Believing consciously that if you do what you love, money will follow is different from believing unconsciously that when you do what you love, bankruptcy will follow. One excellent preparation uses affirmations. One for massage therapists is:
Writing your doubts releases them. The new affirmation creates an expanded viewpoint. Write affirmations 10 times daily for a month, then say them 10 times daily, with feeling, until their truths manifest.
3. Thou shalt save a tenth of thy net income. Deposit at least 10 percent of your net income into various savings accounts linked to your checking account. I once had 13 savings accounts: for home improvement, consumer electronics, vacation, house down payment, investing, etc. Open one for advanced massage training.
4. Thou shalt keep a Success Journal. Olympic champs visualize winning performances, as do business leaders. Massage therapists can empower consciousness by recording daily successes - a client gained, a present received, etc. On days where "everything went wrong," look harder. Do this before bed for two minutes.
5. Thou shalt enliven enthusiasm. Many successful leaders have had more adventures with the mirror than Alice in Wonderland. Speak energetically to your reflection in the mirror; say the word "enthusiasm." Don't mind feeling foolish; self-consciousness gives way to excited consciousness and higher vibrations that attract clients. The English word enthusiasm comes from the Greek word, entheos, meaning a god within.
6. Thou shalt financially support God's work. Tithing, or giving 10 percent of your income to your Higher Power or Universe, is among the most powerful prospering practices around. It began with Old Testament patriarchs and has been used by millions to attract millions. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph were extremely wealthy, knowing God as their financial sources. The Bible says: "Thou shalt remember Jehovah, thy God, for it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth," (Deuteronomy, 8:18); Jacob said of tithing: "Of all that Thou shalt give me, I will surely give the tenth unto Thee," (Genesis, 28:20); If giving away 10 percent terrifies you so that you're afraid to try it, start with one percent and work your way up. Tithe to your church or spiritual organization; if you do not have one, tithe to a charitable organization of your choosing.
7. Thou shalt get out of debt quickly. Since debt debilitates the human spirit, get out of it as fast as possible, and before investing. Stock markets yield 10 percent averages yearly, while debt costs are much higher - sometimes as much as 22 percent. Recording cash expenditures for 30 days is the start of a spending plan, which gives clear pictures of how you want to allocate financial resources. It helps see the relationship between money coming in and going out, which lets you know when you can be free of debt. If you spend more than you bring in, you have three choices: increase income, decrease spending, or both.
8. Thou shalt buy shares in well-managed companies whose products and services thou likest, then hold for the long term. Why settle for receiving income only from massages when you can make money by letting your money work? That's the principle behind letting your principal earn interest. Unfortunately, interest today isn't too interesting. Stock markets have averaged annual 10 percent returns.
9. Thou shalt forgive everyone. For all its excellence, the Wall Street Journal fails to inform readers that forgiveness is among one of the fastest ways to prosper. The following three-part completion letter "completes" you with someone you hold strong unresolved emotions toward.
10. Thou shalt pay thy bills promptly. Do this, and you don't have any bills to pay - a liberating feeling. The longer you procrastinate, the longer you worry about bills. Go for freedom, not struggle.
Click here for more information about Cary Bayer.
Join the conversation
Comments are encouraged, but you must follow our User Agreementcomments powered by Disqus
Keep it civil and stay on topic. No profanity, vulgar, racist or hateful comments or personal attacks. Anyone who chooses to exercise poor judgement will be blocked. By posting your comment, you agree to allow MPA Media the right to republish your name and comment in additional MPA Media publications without any notification or payment.